- 225 g butter, softened
- 110 g sugar
- 100 g HIGHLANDER® Condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean essence
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 34 NESTLE® Scorched Almonds
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 170 degs – fan bake and line two trays with baking paper.
- 2 Using an electric beater combine the soft butter and sugar and beat until pale and creamy.
- 3 Add the HIGHLANDER® Condensed Milk and vanilla and mix in well.
- 4Stir in the combined flour and baking powder to make a soft dough.
- 5 Allow to rest for 5 minutes then take large teaspoonful (about 22g) of mixture in your hand and flatten slightly, add a whole scorched almond in the center and wrap the dough around to encase the almond.
- 6 Roll into a ball and arrange on the lined trays.
- 7Chill the tray of cookies for 5 minutes then bake for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden all over. Allow to cool before serving.