- 115g butter, chopped
- 290g pkt NESTLÉ ® BAKERS’ CHOICE ® Dark Melts
- 1 tsp NESCAFE Gold Instant Coffee
- 395g can HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) NESTLE Baking Cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 1/3 cup (80mL) hot water
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 300mL cream
- 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan forced. Grease and line a 23cm spring form cake pan with baking paper. In a large saucepan over low heat; add butter, 200g NESTLÉ ® BAKERS’ CHOICE ® Dark Melts ( reserving 90g for choc curls) and NESCAFE Gold Instant Coffee, stirring until smooth pour in HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk, stir until combined. Fold through flour, NESTLE Baking Cocoa and baking powder. Pour into pan and bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- 2 Combine gelatine and water; stir until gelatine dissolves; cool 5 minutes.
- 3 Beat cream cheese, sugar and cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add gelatine mixture and extra NESTLÉ ® BAKERS’ CHOICE ® Dark Melts; beat until just combined; pour into pan over cooled base. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- 4 With remaining 90g of NESTLÉ ® BAKERS’ CHOICE ® Dark Melts, over the base of a baking tray, refrigerate until just set. Then being careful; scrape at a 45° angle using a knife to create curls.
- 5 Warm outside of pan with a hot cloth, then gently release cake from pan to serve. Cut into slices and serve.